Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spinach Smoothies!

Happy Tuesday loves! 
It's another gorgeous day here in Massachusetts so I plan on getting my butt outside as soon I hit publish on this post! We've had unseasonably warm weather here so after yesterdays outdoor cardio I was actually hot! Not that I'm complaining about it, but I was craving something cold so I made some spinach smoothies for myself and Olivia. 
I posted a picture on facebook and got a lot of comments asking how I made it so here's the recipe! 

Spinach Smoothie for one! 
1 Scoop of protein powder (I used Isapure Vanilla protein from Isagenix...because I love my isagenix!)
1 C of frozen bagged spinach (Kale is also a great option!)
1 TBSP peanut butter
3-4 ice cubes
1 TBSP of Truvia 
a little bit of water..just enough so i will blend but still remain thick
**You can also add fruit, greek yogurt, milk, etc depending on your own specific tastes! 
For Olivia's smoothie I did everything besides the protein powder and just added greek yogurt and milk instead of water! 
Its the perfect way to sneak veggies and fruits into yours and your children's diet, and honestly besides the green color you would have no idea there was spinach in it! Win win! 

1 comment:

  1. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work

    benefits of protein powder

    ReplyDelete