Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Protein Pancakes Recipe

I love weekend breakfast items, and I love pancakes! As much as I love my fluffy, buttery pancakes I know they really have no holding power for me so protein pancakes it is! They are just as satisfying taste wise and I feel full for hours after! This recipe is one serving of pancakes, so you can either make a few small ones or one or two bigger ones. They also freeze well so you can double or triple the batch and freeze them for a quick weekday breakfast! The best thing about these pancakes is that they are a complete meal. You have your good carbs, protein, fruit, vegetable, and healthy fat! Enjoy! 

Protein Pancakes
  • 1/4 C Old Fashioned Oats 
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 cup of Spinach or I use 1 scoop of Isagreens!
  • 1/8 c egg whites
  • 1/8 Vanilla Soy Milk
  • 1 small scoop of plain greek yogurt
  • 1 TBSP Cinnamon 
Put all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. The consistensy should be like any other pancake batter. If it is too dry add more egg whites! Once mixed just pour onto griddle flip when it starts to bubble and they are a golden color (and a little green from your spinach) Use 1 tbsp of cocnut oil and spread over the finished pancakes, it will melt on top like butter, drizzle some sugar free syrup and top with your favorite fruit! These are so yummy! You could also top with peanut butter instead of coconut oil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment