Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weekends...





I started the day off with my my Kashi Cocoa Beach cereal with Silk light Vanilla milk! My all time favorite breakfast, there is no better way to start off the day.
Then Olivia and I headed up north to the camp while poor daddy worked some overtime. I knew this was going to be tough and probably a diet fail since my Dad is known for having yummy treats and taking his girls out to lunch/dinner. On the way I had a Luna Bar which was delicious and helped hold me over since we were still driving around lunchtime. When we got there Dad suggested a local very very yummy Chinese restaurant for lunch.....Ummmm yes of course I would kill for some Chinese food right now! So off we went! I cant remember the last time Ive had Chinese food so I will count this as my indulgence for the week. We got the luncheon plates which are thankfully smaller portions than ordering a bunch of appetizers and meals. I left not feeling stuffed but satisfied. I know I probably ate way more calories than I should have but I didn't feel horrible.
We had a great day with Grammy and Grandpa, Liv loves spending time with them (and so do I) We headed home early enough for us to beat Daddy home so I could start dinner...an amazing pizza I had been dying to make! I actually got the idea from one of my favorite local pizza places Krugers. I made a bbq chicken pizza using the dough I had made from scratch the day before. It turned out great! I mixed bbq sauce, pasta sauce, chicken and onions and let that simmer for awhile. Then layered it on my pizza crust. Topped it off with some goat cheese, a little mozzarella, and spinach. It turned out delicious! The middle of the crust didn't get as crunchy as I like but other than that it was perfect!
Now I'm off to enjoy some wine and watch the movie " Country Strong" with my hubs!

Goodnight all
xox

Day 12 (I know I missed a few days of posts....so sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment