Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here we go!


I decided to start a healthy eating blog for myself. After reading so many food blogs I became inspired. There is something about writing down your thoughts and feelings from the day that help hold you accountable for the actions you made! I have never been a healthy eater, I grew up on pizza, chicken fingers, and way too many happy meals. I struggled with my weight my entire life. Now that I have a daughter of my own, my hopes are that I can teach her early on how enjoyable healthy eating and an active lifestyle can be.
Today's menu consisted of:
Ezekiel Cinnamon raisin bread with almond butter
S'mores flavored Luna Bar
Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie
Baby Spinach and almond salad with light balsamic vinaigrette
Grilled chicken, asparagus, and wheat pilaf
handful of cinnamon and sugar mixed nuts

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Ezekiel bread. It is
  • 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein
  • Contains all 9 essential amino acids
  • 18 amino acids from all vegetable sources
  • Contains no flour
  • Low in fat
  • Has no trans fats or cholesterol
  • Relatively low in sodium
http://www.ezekielbread.net/


My Smoothie consisted of Almond soy milk, a tbsp of vanilla 99% ff organic yogurt, a tbsp of peanut butter, a tbsp of flax seed, half a cup of sugar free pudding, and a banana. It was amazing and tasted like I was eating a sinful milkshake!

I started my morning off with 6:30am Vinyasa Yoga at the Yoga Tree in Haverhill, Ma. I have become absolutely obsessed with yoga. Its the only 75 minutes of my day I have to myself. It starts my day off with a clear head to make healthy choices. The instructor and owner Caroline is absolutely amazing! She is encouraging and creates such a peaceful environment in her studio. I purchased a groupon (http://www.groupon.com), 20 classes for 20 dollars and I am dreading the day I my 20 classes are up. I love it so much though I may have to figure out a way to purchase the 100/month unlimited pass since i have been going 3-4 times per week!
After yoga I hit up the gym and ran 2 miles on the treadmill. Since I have been running outside lately it was a struggle for me from boredom. Thank god for ipods is all I can say. There is nothing better to me than completing a run outside while pushing my 2 year old in the stroller and turning into our driveway at the end hearing her say "yay Mama, we did it!" If that isn't enough motivation in itself then I don't know what is!
I plan on ending the night with the 30 day shred, It is the perfect workout for a busy mom since it can be done after the kiddies go to bed and it is only 20 minutes long!

In honor of my first blog post I will post a picture of me now, another picture in 10 days and so on.

Day 1.








No comments:

Post a Comment