Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

29:40 5k!!

This morning I grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter and was out the door at 6 am. I watch my nephew on Wednesdays so I wanted to get a workout in beforehand. The night before I told myself I was going to do a long run on the treadmill.....6 miles. Well I woke up this morning still motivated for that long run but when I got on the treadmill I remembered how boooorrrrrring it is to me to run inside. I quickly lost my 6 mile run motivation, I can only hear so much about this releasing of Osamas photo and at 6 am there really isn't a crowd there to people watch! So anyways I decided to make time go faster I would run faster and try to run a 5k in under 30 minutes. Welp, for the first time I did it!! 29:40 I was pyched. I am by no means a fast runner and I know 29:40 is average or slower than average, but for me it was booking it! haha. I did some leg workouts then rushed home....(of course stopping at Dunks for my coffee) to get ready for story time with my mom, aunt and the kids!
I had some oats I had made in the crockpot which turned out really tasty, 2 hard boiled eggs, and my coffee. I grabbed some string cheese and 100 calorie pack of almonds for the ride home from story time.
Olivia loved story time, she was adorable copying what all the older kids were doing. We were heading home around 11 so I had my snack. By the time we got home I was ready for lunch which was leftover chicken, rice, and veggies. (I told you my meals these days are less than creative) The 8 week bootcamp has my diet all planned out but after that 8 weeks I am hoping I just have to maintain my weight and will be able to get back to some more creative meals!
I had a small cup of cottage cheese to hold me over until meal number "5" which is my favorite, grilled asparagus wrapped in deli chicken breast and hummus and cucumbers.
Dinner tonight was grilled salmon with mixed greens.
I got my hands on the new book "Carrots 'N' Cake and I am dying to start reading it tonight! I have bootcamp in the morning but I think I will read just a little. 4:30 comes quickly so Goodnight all!

Day 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment