Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What are you cooking for Easter Brunch?

With Easter coming up this Sunday I started to get anxious about what I was going to eat 3 weeks out from my competition. I believe in balance and a healthy realistic approach, which means that the holidays will have some indulgences! That being said there is no reason to not have some healthy options available! When my Mom who is hosting our Easter Brunch asked me to bring over one of my healthy dishes I jumped on pinterest in search of the perfect brunch item! That's when I found this.....Banana Pecan Coconut Baked Oatmeal! 
 Julie's blog Peanut Butter Fingers is actually one I read regularly and love, but had completely forgotten this was a recipe I've been dying to try out! I may omit the Banana and replace it with a berry type fruit since right now bananas are off the competition diet! Another dish I may bring to get our greens and protein in is turkey wrapped grilled asparagus! So quick and easy and so delicious!! Just bake the asparagus for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees, take thin slices of deli turkey and wrap 2-3 pieces of asparagus with the turkey slices, then bake for another 5 minutes or so! 
A simple pinterest or google search will land you hundreds of healthy brunch items! If you're creative in the kitchen create something of your own! Everyone will appreciate the healthy options that are available over the holidays when sometimes the sweet, heavy foods get a bit overwhelming! Thanks for the great idea Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment