Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Friday, April 6, 2012

A "ME" kind of day!

I love being a Mom more than anything else in the world. My life is dedicated to this little girl and I love it, but at the same time every once in awhile I need a breather, to regroup, to be a better person, a better Mother, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Friend. So, when my friend Shawna offered to take Olivia to the aquarium for her Birthday I graciously accepted! She is an amazing person and friend and Olivia simply adores her! I knew she was in good hands and would have an incredible time in the city with her! Shawna and her amazing sister Krista picked Olivia up at the house at 8:30 am......and they just got home about twenty minutes ago....It's 5:45pm. Yeah, I literally had the whoooole day to myself! Thanks again Shawna and Krista!! 
I started the day off by sleeping in until 6:45 (I'm normally up at 4:20) I leisurely made breakfast, ran to Starbucks for a coffee, got Olivia's stuff together and her dressed and ready for her fun day! After Liv left I spent time actually talking to my husband about my plans for the day. There was no little voice interrupting asking us to play football, or to turn on her favorite movie Toy Story, or asking for help going potty. It was glorious. Then I got ready for a gentle flow yoga class at The Yoga Tree. It was just what I was looking for. A deep relaxing stretch. Nothing strenuous, I didn't leave there sweating, but I did leave feeling refreshed. After Yoga I headed straight over to Royal Nails for a pedicure! I started the third book of the Hunger Games Trilogy Mokingjay and simply relaxed. From my pedicure I headed straight to Dellaria Salon for a cut, color, and blow dry! Man it feels good to be pampered! 



After all that papmpering I was feeling hungry so I headed to Whole Foods for a Salad Bar lunch! I did a little shopping there then headed towards home for an afternoon Starbucks pick me up! I decided I was feeling really good and full of energy so I started to conquer my to do list. I ran into the grocery store for some Easter items I needed to get for those yummy healthy brunch items I told you all about. I also picked up a couple things to do Easter baking tonight with Olivia once she got home! The grocery store was mobbed, but it didn't bother me today since I was alone, and going to the grocery store alone, child free, is almost better than a night out! Since that was so successful and I still hadn't heard from Shawna telling me they were back I headed over to Target to cross Easter Baskets off my list. Holy Easter candy you are so hard to resist!! Peanut Butter M&M's would be the death of my diet if I had picked any up for Liv's Easter basket, so I stuck to a solid chocolate bunny, a new movie "The Lorax", a baby doll, some jelly beans, and some peeps! definitely a success since none of those things really appeal to me.

Finally, I headed home to cook up some dinner and a few minutes later Olivia arrived home. She had so much fun and she is already laying on the couch ready to go to bed. 
Being a stay at home mom is something I am so happy to be able to do! I know how blessed and lucky I am to be home and watching Olivia grow everyday. That being said, I feel like a new person spending the day away from our everyday routine. It makes me appreciate everything I have in my life that much more. A pretty flexible schedule, children's laughter, being able to get stuff done around the house while  the kiddies nap and play. Being a stay at home Mom is certainly not an easy job, and since we are together 24/7 I think we both sometimes need that time off from each other! I know Olivia loves spending time with other people and doing new things that don't always involve Mommy. I know a lot of times as Moms we feel guilty about wanting to take time off for ourselves. That time is well deserved! Whether you are a working mom, stay at home mom, work at home mom, we all deserve some me time, and there is no reason to not take it and enjoy it! If you are lucky enough to have someone offer the help, take it.  So, thanks again Shawna and Krista! It was a perfect day for both of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment