Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Black Coffee and dry chicken...

The past few months I've trained really hard in the gym, I've changed my diet drastically, and my body has slowly transformed. Yesterday I came across my largest hurdle yet. I pulled up to the Starbucks drive through and ordered my Venti ice coffee....black. The barista questioned my order...since I am there so much and they know what I get! Yes, black I repeated. The highlight of my day is my coffee, I know pretty sad, but I look forward to it so much. It makes waking up at 4:30 and getting in a great workout before 7 am worth it! So, when my Coach told me it was time to try to back away from the soy milk until the show it honestly broke my heart just a little bit! Then I told myself, you've come this far....there are only 15 days left. Time to drink some black coffee. Honestly, its disgusting! I wont lie and say I enjoy it in the slightest bit, but it does give me my caffeine kick I crave! 15 days is nothing, 2 weeks and the morning after the show I will be enjoying my coffee just the way I like it, Soy milk and 2 splendas please!  Another change to the diet this week is no more ketchup. This is an easier thing for me to swallow. I love ketchup, don't get me wrong, but it was something I was using very little of to begin with so I'm ok with taking it out completely for the next couple of weeks! 
 In other show news, I got my bikini suit in the mail yesterday from Passion Fruits Designs! It's gorgeous and fits really nicely! Thanks Berns!! I feel so much more comfortable in it then I do in my figure suit. I have a ton of stoning to do on the bikini to really make it sparkle. I started yesterday and got a lot done, its actually very relaxing and I enjoy it. I will post a picture once its blinged out!! As I was stoning it Olivia came over and said "Wow Mommy, that's beautiful! I can't wait to see your show with your pretty bikini." She is the sweetest little thing and knows how to make her Mommy smile! We are still trying to decide if she will be at the show or not. She keeps telling me that her and Daddy are going to watch my show and eat popcorn. I'd love to have her there and know she would enjoy it, but it would be a really long day for her! 
This morning I've already done my 45 minutes of steady cardio thanks to the last book in the Hunger Games Series, Mokingjay. So far, this book has definitely been my least favorite of the 3, but I'm hoping it picks up soon! Any suggestions for a new series I could get into once I finish this?? 
I have core and shoulders on the agenda for my workout tonight thanks to my amazing sister for all her help this week with my workouts. Since my diet has been cut back I've been too tired to get my cardio and weight training done at once so I've been having to split it up. Adam works second shift, so I can't thank you enough Jenny for all your help with Olivia! Love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment