Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekend Recap

OK, I know I am a little late on this post, but better late than never! Last weekend was amazing and deserves a recap post! I actually wrote this, it got deleted somehow, I got frustrated, and I am finally getting around to rewriting it! So anyways, it was full of friends, family, and amazing weather! 
Friday night I met up with a couple of my girlfriends at Kruegers Pizza in Haverhill. If you have been following the blog you know that this is my all time favorite pizza places, and one of my favorite restaurants in general! Thank you to my sister, who watched Olivia for a couple hours, I was able to enjoy my girls night out in peace! The amazing girls I got to catch up with over dinner were Shannon, who is home for a short time from Virginia. Her husband is active duty in the Marine Corps so having her home was a special treat! She is actually going to be moving Florida soon with her three beautiful daughters and husband!  Samantha, who is 39 weeks pregnant and is due any day now with her first baby boy Carter. She is simply glowing and I am so excited to meet her little! I have known Samantha since 6th grade and she is an amazing person, friend, and I am so excited to see her become a mother! Bridget, who is a nurse on third shift was able to meet up before she had to head into work. Luckily I am a morning person so Bridget and I are able to meet often for coffees at least once a week! Bridget is planning her wedding which is going to be in October and I am honored to be a bridesmaid in it! So many exciting things happening for my friends. It was great to catch up over good food and lots of laughter! I started my meal off with an Iced tea and a Greek salad, both were amazing! Then Bridget and I split "The Pentucket" pizza on a whole grain crust, The Pentucket is my all time favorite, it's Oven Roasted Chicken & Tomato BBQ Sauce. Freshly grated cheddar and goat cheese, olive oil and sweet red onions.
Sam and Shannon shared "The Hillie" which is a Three Cheeses & Homemade Red Sauce. Freshly grated mozzarella, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Baked with our own garlic oil and herbs.
Our meal was incredible....not that I expected anything else! Adam and I pretty much go to Kruegers or order takeout there once a week. I have NEVER had a bad pizza from there! 
After we went our separate ways I headed home to put Olivia to bed, and get myself to bed at a reasonable hour. We had a fun morning planned with my bestie Des! I woke up Saturday morning and did a 6 mile easy run. The weather was too beautiful to not take my workout outside! I quickly showered and got ready for my morning coffee date! Life gets so crazy and busy I don't get to see Des as often as I'd like but we have been really trying to get together on Saturday mornings! Des and her husband Clyde are expecting their first baby boy in October! I am so incredibly excited for the two of them and I know they will be amazing parents! We went to Newburyport and got coffees and scones from Plum Island Coffee Roasters. I got "The Aloha" iced latte which was amazing! The Maple Cinnamon Scone was pretty incredible as well. I'm not normally a scone person, but there's something about the ones from here that I just can't seem to get enough of! After our breakfast we went for a beautiful 3 mile walk. It was so nice to be able to catch up and chat about anything and everything going on in our lives right now! Of course the time went by way too fast as always! The rest of Saturday Olivia and I spent running errands, playing outside, and relaxing! When Adam got home from work I picked out the movie to rent, Hick, it was terrible, and I would not suggest wasting your time watching it! After the movie we headed to bed because we had a 10k Mud Run in the morning!! 
The Hoppin Mad Mud Run in Amesbury, MA was on Sunday. We had participated in this last year and had such a blast! The weather from last year was rainy and cold, so when we woke up on Sunday to sunshine and mid 70's it was a nice treat! It was a great time again and the event organizers did a great job fixing a few hiccups they had from last year! I would highly recommend this race to anyone looking for a fun time! The results are posted here. I was happy with the results! Before we left I got to see my cousin Danielle, my aunt Nancy, my mom, and my sister who were working on making the front of the house beautiful with some new plants! This is my cousins specialty, so it was nice to have a professional help us out with this! 

After the run Adam got called into work, boooo! It's hard to turn down Sunday overtime so he accepted it and headed in. After dinner Olivia and I decided 4 miles to Starbucks wasn't too bad and so I walked/ran for a coffee! It was so beautiful out that I was really glad we went. Olivia ended up falling asleep about ten minutes into the walk, so I enjoyed a relaxing, loosen up the legs type of walk! My mom called when I was on my way back to tell me they were going to stop by to say Hi and fix Adams tail light that had gone out! Thanks Mom and Dad, much appreciated!! 
The weather was incredible all weekend, and it was so nice to spend it outside. Even though my allergies are getting the best of me I couldn't have asked for a nicer couple of days! It's so true about the weather completely changing your mood. I've been able to enjoy dinners outside on the porch and it really makes me a more calm and happier person!  I can't believe its already Thursday and we have a long weekend coming up! The sun is shining again today so the kiddies and I are about to head outside to enjoy it! 
I promise it wont be this long for another blog post! Catch ya later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment