Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The rain is not an excuse to skip a workout!

I woke up this morning to rain....again. More than anything I wanted to lay in bed and sleep for another hour and listen to the rain, but I used the rainy morning as an "excuse" to skip my workout yesterday. (I did get a run in later on in the day because I felt guilty. haha) I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed at 4:20 and headed to Salem, MA for my favorite TRX class! The best thing about classes is already signing up for them and paying for them is a real motivator to not skip out! Class was great as always, and I was so happy that I went! It's true about never regretting a workout! I stopped by Starbucks for a light protein smoothie on the way home. I forgot to pack breakfast and it's a 45 minute ride home. It was really good and convenient, but I don't know if it was worth the $5 I paid for it! :)
It's funny how two weeks ago my mind was so focused on the competition that skipping a workout or taking a bite of something not part of my diet didn't even cross my mind! Meal planning was my primary focus and workouts just had to get done, no option!  I thought it would be so easy to stay strict and on track right after the show, but I'm finding that to definitely not be the case. I am slowly finding the motivation and drive that I had before to get back into it, but its really tough! 
After class I came home and got ready for the day. We were meeting my friend Shannon and her beautiful little girls at Amazement for a play date. Shannon's husband Bobby is an active duty Marine, so she is always living in different places and is home for a short time, so we knew we had to get the girls together and see each other too! I had an egg white omelet with peppers and onions, a slice of Ezekiel break with some coconut oil and sliced banana before heading out to meet them! 
It was so nice to see Shannon and the girls! I couldn't believe how big they had gotten. I have known my friend Shannon since I was probably 4, and she is an incredible friend, mother, and wife. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met and amazes me with how she raises her 3 little girls while living a military lifestyle. Adam and I dealt with one deployment before Olivia was born and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. There wasn't even any kids involved, I had one person to take care of, myself, and it was still incredibly challenging. Shannon and her husband have handled multiple deployments. She is that woman who somehow seems to always have all her stuff together! I don't know how you do it Shan, but I'm so proud of you!
Olivia's relaxing on the couch watching Shrek, and Jacob is napping! They are both worn out from the fun morning. I'm going to use this time to get some reading in. I've started on the Fifty Shades of Grey books now that i am done with The Hunger Games Trilogy! I hope it lives up to all the hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment