Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend!

It's Friday before a long weekend, the true kickoff of summer, Memorial Day Weekend!  The weather is looking fabulous, and I'm sure lots of cookouts and fun outdoor plans are being made. I love a good BBQ, and nothing is better than being surrounded by family and friends enjoying good food, laughter, drinks, and sunshine! However, before the festivities kick off, I feel the need to acknowledge what this holiday is really about! The true meaning of Memorial Day is to remember and honor our fallen heroes and the families they left behind. These men and woman paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and for us, so that we can enjoy these BBQ and time with our family and friends. Being married to a United States Marine Corps Veteran, I have been surrounded by the military frame of mind. They are by far the most amazing, interesting people I have had the opportunity of getting to know. My heart swells with pride every time I tell someone my husband served in the Marine Corps, along with his father, and two of his brothers. Both of my grandfathers served and I am one proud American! I get chills every time I hear the song "Proud to be an American" as that was the song playing when my husband graduated from basics boot camp. I know the sacrifices these men and woman make everyday and the choices they are faced with to honor their country. They always put country first, themselves last. So please be sure to Thank a service member over this holiday weekend. It may not seem like much, but a simple Thank you is the least we can do! <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5pfBUUZNbFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>
Last night before going to bed I planned on waking up early and jogging to the gym, getting in a glutes workout, then jogging back home. I set my alarm, read a few chapters of 50 Shades of Grey, then crashed! When I wokeup to rain this morning I hit snooze and decided driving to the gym would be a better option. After sleeping in for an extra hour I headed to the gym. After my glute workout I did 30 minutes on the stair climber while reading more of my book. I am finally getting into the first book, 300 pages in. I hurried home for breakfast and a shower before my nephew got here to spend the day with us!
I was craving salmon for lunch so after breakfast I toted this kids to Market Basket for some fresh fish. Lunch today is going to be delicious!
I'm about to start cooking up that salmon with some asparagus and sweet potato fries. Jake is sleeping and Olivia is helping me cook her lunch.
Adam took the night off from work, and I am so excited to have him around to hang out tonight! He is going to take Olivia to get some fishing gear so they can have some Daddy, daughter time this weekend! I am going to do some Yoga tonight at The Yoga Tree. Its great having two parents around so I can get in some "Happy Hour Yoga." I really miss yoga and try to go at least once a week. 
We are also going to make some of these this weekend....How cool are they?
Add cahttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern-Life-Beautiful-By-Sherry-Godsey-Cates/171850406234720ption

No comments:

Post a Comment