Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Officially the worst blogger ever!!

OK, its been over a month since I last posted on the blog. Its probably a good thing not many people follow this and its mostly for myself to hold myself accountable! Let's see.....what has been going on in the last month? I completed my first half marathon in 1:56! Results can be found here! There I am, number 512!! I was really happy with my results and the whole race overall. I woke up to rain, wind, and cold and got a bit discouraged. My husband Adam told me some encouraging words....part of it being "do you know how badass it is to run 13 miles in the rain?" haha so with that I ran my heart out and felt amazing the entire time! I ran an 8:58 pace which I don't think I have ever run on any of my practice runs. It must have been the excitement and adrenaline. I crossed the finish line smiling and am so happy I signed up for this! 
Last 1/4 mile from the finish line! 
The weather in New England has quickly turned into fall. Its cool, crisp, and perfect! My favorite time of year! I even seem to be liking the cold rainy days as it gives me a reason to stop, take a breath, and just enjoy hanging out with my 2 year old instead of dragging her on 100 errands everyday! 
Now as you already know I have signed up with Cathy Savage Fitness to train for my first figure competition in April. Its been about 2 months on the program and I love it! I love waking up in the morning for my workouts, I love Sunday check-ins with my coach Jules, and I love my meal planning. I am so excited to be on this journey and see my body changing on a weekly basis. Its a fun and motivating experience!
I am hoping over the next 6 months or so to blog more regularly so I can have this experience written down to look back on. 
My meals are pretty boring since they have to be pretty plain but every now and then you may get a picture of one of my cheat meals! 
Breakfast today was 1/2 Eziekel English muffin with banana slices on top and an egg white omelet with peppers, onions, low fat cottage cheese and salsa. Basically my breakfast every single day! Good thing I really enjoy it! 
Tonight i am hoping to go to Yoga! I am really looking forward to it, the last time I went Caroline my favorite instructor told me that my back was very tight. It's the first time she's ever told me that and I think it has something to do with the lack of yoga and added lifting! Theres nothing like finishing a long day with a candlelight flow. 
Happy Tuesday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment