Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sick, 10 hours of sleep, and getting right back into it!



Thursday night I woke up in the middle of the night with some serious stomach issues. I'll leave it at that. Anyways it had me up all night so I knew my 4:30am alarm clock for Fridays workout needed to be shut off! Friday was a rough day. I stuck to my diet for the most part but knew I had to make today a rest day as far as my workouts went. I went to bed at 7pm last night.....woke up at 6:30am as good as new!! Yay! I was so happy to only miss the one gym day. I gathered my things had a little dry cereal and half a banana and off I went! Right back on track! Today I had also planned a cheat meal with Adam and Olivia so I was so excited to be hungry and feeling better. We headed to Jimmy K's for breakfast before Adam had to head to work! I got the m&m stuffed pancakes, Olivia got the Mickey Mouse pancakes, and Adam got the Irish Breakfast! Yum, yum, yum! My pancake totally satisfied my serious chocolate and carb craving I was having. 
This morning I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised with the number I saw! 146.8! I'm not sure if it was because of my sickness yesterday or all my hard work...but I'm going to go with the later! I can't remember the last time I have weighed under 149! 
After breakfast Adam headed to work and Olivia and I headed up North to the Kancamagus for a little hike. We met my parents, my sister, nephew, and brother in law. It was gorgeous! The sudden downpour of rain cut our hike short but it was great seeing all the fall colors and getting outside for a bit! 
Tomorrow I have a 5k Charity run in Swampscott, MA Miles for Kyle. I'm hoping its cool and sunny with no sudden rain showers!! 
I'm off to get Miss Olivia bathed and ready for bed then we have a date on the couch with "It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" movie with her then "Bad Bosses for the adults! I am also cooking up some Tuna steaks and asparagus for dinner tonight. Saturday nights are really hoppin around here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment