Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Run Baby Run!

On the schedule today was 40 minutes of cardio! A Quick easy workout was on the agenda. I decided the night before I would use today to get a run in, since I really miss all the running I had gotten used to during my training for the half marathon. The weather called for rain all day, so I knew I either was going to be running in the rain or had to get up before it started. I set the alarm for 6 am.....woke up to pitch black, rolled back over since it of course wouldn't be safe to run in the dark, and went back to bed. Then my 2 year old alarm clock named Olivia woke me up at 7:15, but when she crawled into bed with us I decided again to roll over and go back to bed. It was perfect sleeping in, cuddle weather. Finally at 8 Olivia had enough and forced me to get up. When I looked out the window I saw it still hadn't started to rain so I laced up my sneakers and off I went for my run! It was perfect....my legs were a little stiff from the workout I had the day before but they quickly loosened up and my run felt effortless and calming. The weather was absolutely perfect for a run, cold and cloudy! 
When I got home I made a quick run to Starbucks for my coffee before Adam headed out to get his workout in. There's something about drinking coffee and eating oatmeal and eggs in a quiet place before the craziness of my day starts that makes me feel like I can handle anything. Adam always lets me have my breakfast in peace by entertaining Liv and I am so grateful for that! 
It rained today, all day, and I had two kids stuck inside. I spent most the day wrapped in a snuggie since it was so cold. The kids spent a lot of the day having a dance party in Olivia's room, coloring,painting, and a little bit of TV time. It's hard work entertaining kids stuck inside all day!
It's 9pm and Im sipping on some green tea to curb the sweet cravings I am having. I will in bed very shortly for a 4:30 alarm clock that is set for tomorrow! Chest, shoulder and tri is on the workout plan for tomorrow! 
Goodnight xox

No comments:

Post a Comment