Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bikram Yoga

Morning! 
I started my morning off with an omelet loaded with veggies, some watermelon and a  piece of Eziekel Cinnamon Raisin bread. Then I made my way to the gym for a shoulders and back workout. I knocked out my workout in a little over an hour. I was meeting my friend Bridget for coffee at Wicked Big Cafe in downtown Haverhill. I had some time to spare so I took my cardio outside for a 30 minute run in pouring rain. There is no better feeling than having your entire workout done before 7 am. If you don't workout in the morning I highly recommend it, and I promise you I was never a morning person before! 
It was so nice to catch up with my friend Bridget over coffee and the the Wicked Big Cafe had a great cozy atmosphere for a rainy morning. 
My Labor day weekend was relaxing and perfect! Even though Adam had to work the entire thing we made do with his mornings off.  I spent lots of time in Newburyport, outside, and at Farmers Markets. Monday I went to an 8 am Bikram Yoga class and met my friend Brooke there. She is training for her first figure competition in October and looks incredible!!! She is one of my biggest inspirations! Such a strong person inside and out! I hadn't been to a Bikram Yoga class in weeks and my body was craving it. I'm actually not a huge Bikram fan during the class, but always feel so amazing afterwards. Towards the end of class the instructor pointed out it was my birthday (3 days prior) and the entire class sang Happy Birthday to me! It was a nice (embarrassing) surprise! 
My parents had a cookout on Sunday for Labor Day. It was nice seeing everyone and spending some time together as a family. Too bad poor Adam had to work! Mom made the perfect meal for me, grilled chicken, roasted veggies, and salad! It was perfect. Thanks Mom! Since they had the cookout Sunday, Monday night I decided to make some "clean" turkey meatballs for dinner. I had mine over a salad and Adam had his smothered in tomato sauce. 
Well since its rainy and chilly here Olivia and I plan on spending the day doing some cleaning, organizing, and lounging!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww Steph, Thank You!! your doing amazing, keep up the awesome work! lol you looked like a deer caught in headlights when we all sang to you Monday morning, I hope you had a Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete