Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Holy Long time no post!!

I am still here, still alive, and still doing really well with my half marathon training! I am up to 10.5 miles! If you had asked me last year at this time if I ever thought I would be able to run a half marathon I probably would have laughed at you. Today I would say hell yes I can! I am totally gearing up for this and have about a month and a half left to train! I received my Carrots n Cake Will Run for Iced Coffee Tshirt in the mail the other day! I love it and can't wait for my next long run day (Sunday) so I can wear it! It's super comfortable and lightweight! 
Over the past week I have made some decision.....I am not going to do the Yoga Instructor Training Course until next year. I am too excited and ready to start training for a fitness Competition that it is taking over every thought in my head! I am having a really hard time concentrating on the half marathon training because I am so ready to stat my competition training! I talked to the hubs and we both agreed I work best when I have one big goal on my plate and not a million things going on! That being said I still plan to do the Yoga Instructor Training next year! So the plan is to continue with my long distance runs until the half marathon. Then Oct 2nd I will be signing on with Cathy Savage Fitness! I am so excited and nervous for that! I hope to continue to run just not as much since too much cardio and a fitness competition don't exactly mix! I am truly enjoying running though, it is my me time and lets me just space out for that hour, its almost as relaxing as Yoga! 
This morning I had a hard 4.5 mile run. I didn't get out of the house until after 8am and the heat and humidity had already set it. My legs were sore from the gym the day before but I managed to get through the whole run without walking even though I was done by the time I made it to the top of my street! 
Well happy Friday and I promise I will post more often! I am off to enjoy my cheat meal--Steak Kabob salad from Giovannis and put my mini me to bed! We are looking forward to a weekend with Daddy since he finally has one off!! 
Oh and I see a movie in my near future.......Something Borrowed on Demand will hopefully be happening tonight! Oh and also my cheat meal dessert.......Peanut buttery bars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment