Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Holy Yummy Protein Balls!

Oh boy, I am so excited to share this recipe with you all!! I spent my Friday night in the kitchen testing out protein bars, and this is this best one I have ever tasted! It's more of a Protein Ball, but it is chewy, sweet, yummy, and I felt like I was eating raw cookie dough!! 
I based it off this recipe from The Gracious Pantry but made some changes to it! 

Cinnamon protein balls
2 cups of old fashioned oats
8 vanilla whey protein
3 TBSP all natural peanut butter 
1/2 c Honey
1/2 c applesauce 
1TBSP Cinnamon
2 TBSP Chia seeds
1 smashed banana 


Roast the 2 cups of oats in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Take then out of the oven and mix into bowl with all other ingredients. Lay flat into a baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes. Take out of oven let cool a little then roll into 12 golf sized balls. Let cool. Enjoy!! Holy yummy! You can add chocolate chips for sure I just didn't have any left!
These come in at about 240 cals 5g fat 32g carbs and 20g protein!


Enjoy!! 

1 comment: