Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My daily eats!


I am often asked by my family and friends what I eat on a typical day so I figured why not write up a post  about my meals. I eat A LOT! I have the luxury of being home during the day with my daughter so I am able to decide what I feel like at any given moment for my next meal rather than meal planning. However, I know plenty of people that will cook meals on Sunday for the week and are extremely successful with that. So, like I said, I eat a lot. Every 2-3 hours I am creating my next delicious meal! The foods I eat are very clean, just think non processed, not from a box, outer edge of the grocery store foods. Lots of oatmeal, eggs, chicken, fish, fruit, healthy fats and vegetables are consumed in my home. 
Typically I start the day with oatmeal, bananas, and a vegetable egg white omelet. Post workout meal is some type of protein, carb, fruit, vegetable, and a healthy fat such as coconut oil. One of my favorites is a slice of toasted Eziekel bread with a tablespoon of coconut oil spread on top of it with a sprinkle of cinnamon! It tastes like warm buttery bread...only better! I really enjoy Greek yogurt with diced up apples or berries and a scoop of isagreens from Isagenix! Around lunchtime I will be on meal number 3....I am usually awake before 5:00 am, so by noon time I am ready for meal 3. This will typically be some type of stir fry. I love chicken, vegetables and quina stir fry with some type of fruit to nibble on while that cooks. Stir fry is my go to meal. So easy and so nutritious! I find adding a tiny bit of mustard and low sodium soy sauce brings amazing flavor to it. Meal 4 is some type of protein, lately I am loving the thin and trim apple chicken sausages with some peppers and onions. Meal 5 which is right around dinnertime I will usually have some type of fish. Lately I have become obsessed with salmon and asparagus. Meal 6 I try to include another healthy fat. If I am needing something sweet I might have some greek yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter and isagreens swirled in, or if I am looking for something more savory I might make up another vegetable stir fry with some avocado oil mixed in. 
Seriously, lots of food. I am certainly not hungry. I am filling my body with good clean foods. Along with all this food I am also drinking water all day and I always start my day with a Venti coffee with soy milk from Starbucks. This is a typical day for me. I workout hard when I am at the gym and need it to fuel my muscles. In the upcoming posts I will try to include recipes and new food finds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment