Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, registered dietitian, or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness, and life. I love to motivate and encourage, and will offer tips, but keep in mind when it comes to your health and fitness, do your research.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Value of You!

Today in my daily message from CSF She wrote about the Value of Yourself. Being treated with the love and respect you deserve. "Check your price tag and get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass case where you belong." This message really made me think. The biggest lesson I am getting out of this whole experience is making time for myself. I am always making sure everyone else is happy and I am realizing its ok to make time for me and make myself happy as well. This whole journey is so much more than looking good, its about getting up on that stage and being proud of myself for all that I've done.  Its something I have for me. I am a mother, a wife, a taxi car driver, a waitress, a housekeeper, and I love every second of it, but at times I know I need something just for myself! 
Today I was up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5 so I could make a 6:30 yoga class. Well, I made it to the gym right on time, had a killer chest and arm workout and did my 20 minutes of HIIT cardio. I quickly realized yoga wasn't going to happen today. It was already 6:20 and I was still at the gym with shaky arms. I don't think downward dog was in the cards for today! I decided to head home and be there before my little love woke up so her Daddy could sleep in a bit. With a quick stop at Starbucks for my morning java I made it home just as her little bedroom door was creaking open! Now we are snuggled on the couch watching some early morning cartoons to start off the day! It's still dark out....as you can see in the picture! Oh how I wish my little love learned to sleep in a little bit. Like mother, like daughter I guess! 
Have a good Tuesday friends, and remember to value YOU! You totally rock so I know I don't have to tell you that twice! 

1 comment:

  1. I bumped into your blog because I was looking to get into the fitness competition circuit here in Mass as well (I live in Cape Cod) and Cathy Savage Fitness came up. I was wondering if you HAD to go to a camp and if they set you up for a competition or did you pick one that you wanted to go to? Thanks! I loved reading about your experience

    ReplyDelete